Mycosis is a group of diseases that provoke the appearance of which microscopic spores of pathogenic fungi. This is a very common infection – according to statistics, the symptoms of the disease occur in 60% of the population. Mainly it is distributed by contact-household, that is, through the use of shared objects or from one person to another.
The most susceptible to infection people with weakened immunity, metabolic disorders and persons who do not observe personal hygiene. If a family has a sick athlete's foot, the risk of infecting other members is extremely high. It's important to recognize infection and begin treatment. You need to know what it looks like fungus, determine its causes and symptoms development.
Everything about fungal diseases of the feet
There are three groups of pathogens of fungal infection of the foot:
- anthropophilic. The microorganisms of this species are parasitic on man: the skin, hair and nails. This fungus is transmitted by direct contact with media or through things/objects which it touched;
- Zooanthroponosis. The fungi of this group are striking in both humans and animals. In this case, you can become infected not only from human but from an animal carrier for this pathogen;
- Candida – yeast-like fungi. Their presence in the microflora of skin and mucous membranes at low concentrations is the norm. In case of excess of developing candidiasis (inflammation of the epithelial tissue).
Ways of infection
Infection by the fungus occurs in two ways:
- Direct. During direct contact with contaminated soil, plants, humans or animals;
- Indirect. In contact with things that sick or while caring for an infected animal.
Factors that contribute to infection
There are many reasons that greatly increase the likelihood of Contracting a fungal infection:
- A weak immune system. Normally, the body is able to suppress the development of pathogenic microflora, but if it is not doing its job, the fungi begin to actively proliferate;
- Somatic diseases that slow down the metabolism and affect blood circulation in the lower extremities. These include diabetes and some vascular diseases;
- Failure to observe rules of personal hygiene. The probability of catching an infection increases if the person rarely washes his feet, wears a long stale socks and walking in wet shoes. Access to the swimming pool or sauna without personal Slippers can also be a cause of fungal infections, because the fungus is being propagated in a moist and warm environment. This includes wearing someone else's clothes, shoes and use of hygiene items. A small amount of fungal spores present on them, enough for the rapid development of the disease;
- Sweating of the feet. In the absence of proper hygiene to stop the sweat and dead skin particles epithelium transformed into a favorable environment for bacteria and fungi. Wearing tight, "not breathing" shoes contributes to diaper rash and damages through which the pathogen penetrates the epithelium. It also prevents proper ventilation of the foot;
- Increased dryness of the skin also becomes the reason of infection. It normally produces lipid mantle, which prevents pathogens to penetrate. If this protection is not, they affect the skin and are beginning to reproduce there.
Types of fungus
There are thousands of species of causative agents of mycoses, however, the disease stop causes only a few of them:
- The Trichophyton. Red Trichophyton affects mainly the skin on feet and heels. Trichophyton develops between the toes, and in severe cases can go on foot, the thumb and little finger;
- Dermatophytes are parasitic on the epithelium and nail plate;
- Candide. This fungus, which is found on the mucous membranes of the genital organs, can sometimes bruise the skin of the feet.
The symptoms and forms of mycosis
Symptoms of the disease depend on the type of the pathogen:
- Athlete's foot and ringworm. Symptoms course these fungal infections are identical, so the General name "athlete's foot";
- The incidence of Candida or yeast interdigital erosion.
Forms of athlete's foot:
- The initial (erased);
- Skin is characterized by failure of the sweat glands;
- Intertriginous manifested mainly as chafing of the skin;
- Onychomycosis. Disease of the nails, which may cause thickening, or Vice versa, thinning.
The initial form
The first common symptoms of athlete's foot:
- slight peeling;
- redness of the skin;
- rarely, there is a feeling of itching or a burning sensation;
- the infection may not manifest itself for years and intensified during the easing of immunity.
Signs of this disease:
- observed mukovidnoe peeling;
- skin lesions starts with the big toe;
- the interdigital space of the formation of small cracks and erosion.
- mild itching.
The scaly form of a fungal stop has the following features:
- At the initial stage of the disease athlete's foot affects only one foot, and then goes to the second;
- Observed actinic soles: the formation of the blisters dry, the skin on the heels cracks;
- There's a little redness, which then begins to peel off. A characteristic feature of this form is the fact that these zones are not necessarily the same size;
- Itching, which manifests itself not in all patients;
- Sometimes in the course of the scaly shape are not detected by any of the above symptoms. People unaware of their disease, which contributes to its spread.
In some cases, this can spill over into dyshydrotic, and Vice versa.
Is characterized by such features:
- On the skin in the area of the arch of the foot there are numerous bullae ranging in size from 3 x 9 mm;
- Over time, they coalesce and form large bubbles, which, bursting, exposes ulcer epithelium;
- The infection can spread to the skin of the outer and the inner side surface of the foot, provoking a there rash and sores;
- Affected area sore and itchy;
- After healing of the ulcer, the skin on her starts to peel off, and disgidroticheskaya form flows in the form of a flake;
- In some cases, fungal infection is complicated by bacterial infection. Then clear fluid in the blisters becomes cloudy and it starts festering. This is accompanied by pain and fever. Because of the acute infectious process the foot swells and reddens;
- Disgidroticheskaya form is characterized by a chronic course. Periods of remission alternate with exacerbation of the disease;
- For this form is characterized by loss of one leg.
The fungus in this form is as follows:
- On the skin cracks, and around them the visible pieces of skin;
- This is the most common form of flow trihofitii and athlete's;
- Intertriginous form can develop on their own or join scaly;
- The external symptoms appear in the epithelium between the ring finger and little finger, at least – between the middle and ring. These include sputum, itching and burning sensation;
- Over time, cracks in the skin can turn into erosion, which cause pain;
- This form has a long chronic course. In winter, the symptoms weaken, and with the onset of summer aggravated.
Symptoms of onychomycosis
This term means fungal infection of the nail plate on the toes. It starts with its free edge, gradually moving to the base.
There are 3 types of fungal infection of the nail plate:
- Hypertrophic. Characterized by the thickening of the nail. It turns yellow and becomes brittle, crumbles. The epithelium under the nail also thickens and flakes;
- Atrophic. The plate becomes thin and collapses. Under the nail you can see the rough skin;
- Onychomycosis caused by fungi, develops on the background of other diseases of the nails. Is expressed by the change of their color – plate can be brown, black or yellow-green hue.
Symptoms of candidiasis stop
Interdigital yeast infection looks like this:
- the skin is red, swelling;
- the infection affects the area between the middle finger and the ring, at least – in the region of the little finger;
- blisters or pustules, around them formed bands with exfoliated dry skin.
Traditional treatment of foot fungus
At the first suspicion for foot fungus need to take his medication. Although this disease poses no danger to health, it weakens the immune system, becomes a source of unpleasant, painful sensations and discomfort. In addition, fungal infection is very contagious, so to prevent its spreading among all family members, you need to quickly begin treatment.
Bath with Apple cider vinegar
Healthy skin is slightly acidic, which is detrimental to pathogenic microorganisms and fungi. In case of violation of this balance on the surface epithelium begin to develop infectious processes because it loses protection and becomes vulnerable.
Baths with Apple cider vinegar or essence is designed to normalize ph and to fight fungal infection.
- The procedure is performed before going to sleep. Feet carefully washed in warm water and patting dry with a paper towel;
- In a bowl pour 3 liters of warm water, add to 800 ml of 5% Apple cider vinegar and well mix the resulting solution;
- Feet immersed in a bowl and keep for 5-10 minutes;
- This procedure is repeated every evening for seven days.
Baths with baking soda and salt
To treat at home a fungal infection and stop using the bath with the addition of baking soda and salt. It has a disinfecting effect, and the ingredients for cooking are in every kitchen.
- In four litres of warm water dissolve 1 tablespoon of salt and baking soda. Dip your feet in a container of liquid and hold for 20 minutes;
- Take a bath every other day for 6 days.
This substance has antibacterial properties and is effective against fungi. Before use it is recommended to do an Allergy test because some people have an intolerance to iodine. You need to apply a bit of substance at the elbow, and to wait 1-2 days. If adverse reactions are detected, the iodine can be used safely.
The regimen is step by step:
- A concentrated tincture of iodine pre-medical alcohol is diluted in proportion 1:1;
- After a warm foot bath foot gently patting dry with a paper towel. The tincture is applied in a thin layer to the affected area using a cotton swab;
- The procedure is best done before bedtime. The duration of therapy is seven days.
Medium with egg and vinegar
A simple and effective recipe that helps to eliminate fungus on the feet. To prepare the mixture, you will need the following products:
- vinegar – 1 tbsp. spoon;
- vodka – 1 tbsp. spoon;
- eggs – 2 PCs.;
- vegetable oil – 1 teaspoon.
To separate egg whites. Pour them in a bowl with the remaining ingredients and stir until smooth. Close the container lid and put into the refrigerator for a few hours.
In order to get rid of the fungus, a cotton pad or a gauze moisten in the resulting mass and apply to the affected area for 10-20 minutes. In the first days after using you may experience slight redness of the skin at the site of application tools. This is a normal reaction, stop treatment is not necessary.
Treatment with kerosene
It is used for the treatment of skin and between fingers and nail mycosis. To prepare this folk remedy is better in well-ventilated areas or outdoors.
For its preparation you will need:
- kerosene – 100 ml;
- the ashes of celandine — 50 grams
The ingredients are carefully mix and insist in a dark place for 10 days. After this period, the mixture is heated for half an hour in a water bath and then filtered through 4 layers of cheesecloth.
Prepared medium is poured into a container of dark glass stored at room temperature. The obtained liquid lubricate the affected area 2 times a day for three weeks.
Another cheap and effective method to cure foot fungus.
To treat will need:
- a couple of cloves of garlic to crush in the frog and squeeze the received weight through several layers of gauze or bandage;
- the resulting juice is applied on the affected area twice daily with a cotton swab.
The powder of these little brown pellets has antiseptic properties and is often used in recipes trays from foot fungus.
- In a bowl pour 3 liters of warm water, add 1 tablespoon of vinegar and a little potassium permanganate. Water should buy a slightly pink color;
- Dip your feet in water for 15 minutes.
The treatment is done before bedtime for 7 days.
Bath with hydrogen peroxide
This antiseptic is used in the composition of baths that help to cure foot fungus.
- In a bowl or a bowl pour warm water and add hydrogen peroxide 3% in the proportion of 100 ml in 2 liters of water;
- Immersed in her sore foot and hold from 15 to 25 minutes;
- After this time the foot is wiped with a sterile cloth and softened Horny layer of the skin removed with a pumice stone or nail file;
- After the procedure, the affected area apply the medication recommended by your doctor.
Baths do 1 time per day until complete recovery.
Simple and affordable means. Citric acid suppresses the development of fungal infection, has antiseptic properties.
How to apply:
- Slice the lemon into thin slices;
- Put the top on the affected fungus nail plate;
- Gently wrap the finger with foil.