Fungal disease of the skin is a common pathology faced by every fifth person. Initially, the fungus occurs between the toes, and then gradually extended to other areas. Fungal infections are important to treat, because fungal infection is not only unpleasant symptoms, but also the signal that occurs in the body, pathological processes.
The factors in the development of the disease
A fungal disease that affects the skin of the feet, provokes pathogenic fungi – dermatophytes, yeast and molds. Areas of skin between toes – for the optimal development of the athlete's foot location: a moist warm environment ideal for the development of these microorganisms.
A characteristic feature of this fungus is that the lesions are not isolated: they are between all the fingers at once.
Evolving pathological process due to the following factors:
- failure to observe rules of personal hygiene;
- frequent visits to public places (pools, baths);
- the use of someone else's shoes;
- the presence of damaged skin in the feet;
- the metabolic disorders;
- wearing narrow, uncomfortable shoes made of synthetic material, impervious to air;
- the lack of vitamins in the body;
- dry skin;
- pathology of the endocrine system;
- circulatory disorders in the lower extremities associated with vascular pathologies;
- hypothermia of the lower extremities, thereby reducing the local immunity;
- long stay in a standing position, which increases the load on the region and contributes to stop bleeding;
- the presence of a diaper rash;
Treatment of athlete's foot between the toes it is important to begin as fast as possible to the pathological process is not moved to the foot area.
Characteristic symptoms and developmental stages of the fungus between the toes
The disease goes through several stages of development. It depends on the nature and severity of symptoms.
There are the following stages of disease:
- Mild. There is the appearance of shallow cracks between the toes, there is not too pronounced flaking of the skin.
- Squamous-hyperkeratotic. At this stage the patient begins to experience severe itching and burning sensation in interdigital areas. The skin becomes red, hard shelled. Large fingers are formed of yellow corn.
- Intertriginous. Cracks on the affected area and become deeper, there is formed the swelling. Observed erosion.
- Disgidroticheskaya. Itching becomes even more pronounced, between the toes there are bubbles with a dense shell filled with liquid. When they are opened, are formed oozing erosion.
In the absence of treatment is the destruction and detachment of the nail plate. You will usually only lose one leg, then the pathological process extends to second.
Typical symptoms of athlete's foot between the toes of the lower extremities include:
- peeling of the skin;
- excessive sweating of the feet;
- small cracks in the affected areas;
- itching and soreness between the fingers;
- thickening of the skin of the foot, visible to the naked eye;
- the emergence of spurs, grey-yellow spots and streaks on the nail plates, their deformity;
- swelling of the skin;
- the appearance of a red rash, some of which tend to merge;
- swelling of the skin.
There is a way that allows you to determine whether the foot struck the mycosis. To do this you must dissolve in warm water manganese, in order to give it the purple color, and lowered into the solution feet for a few minutes. After this procedure the skin on the legs is darker, and the patches of skin affected by fungal infection, will remain unchanged.
Fungus treatment between toes: medicines and traditional medicine
The treatment of mycosis has been a specialist-dermatologist or a podiatrist. With this disorder are struggling with a variety of drugs: the modern pharmacological industry offers a great number of ointments, creams, sprays, powders and varnishes. To choose the desired tool should a doctor, based on what type of fungus caused the disease and at what stage of development it is.
Folk remedies for fungus between toes
Do not lose the relevance of traditional methods of treatment of fungus between fingers. A lot of them. The most famous are the following:
- Receiving a warm foot bath. To do this, prepare a pink solution of potassium permanganate and kept in this foot for 10-15 minutes. After the procedure, the affected area gauze swabs soaked in fucorcin or a solution of boric acid.
- Ointment of chicken eggs. The method of preparation of this remedy is a bit unusual: you must put a raw egg in vinegar and leave it so until then, until the shell dissolves completely. Then add the liquid butter – enough to get the consistency of ointment. Apply on the skin between the toes before going to sleep, leaving overnight.
- Slurry from the bow and vaseline. Onion rubbed on a grater, mix equal parts of the resulting slurry and vaseline. The mixture is rubbed into the affected areas.
- A solution of glycerin and vinegar. Both components are mixed in equal proportions, RUB with a lot of the affected skin.
- Rubbing the skin with sea buckthorn oil applied to a cotton swab. This tool is a natural antiseptic that will help to eliminate itching and pain.
- Ointment on the basis of salicylic acid and vaseline. Take a teaspoon of vaseline, and a half tablet of salicylic acid or aspirin, previously pounded. Components are mixed, then applied to the affected surface, gently rubbing the mixture into the skin.
- Compress based on birch tar. You should apply a thick layer on the gauze pads and lay them between your fingers in the affected areas. Each compress should be fixed with foil or cling film.
- A mixture of iodine, ammonia and vinegar. We must take each component in equal parts, mix, leave to infuse for a few hours. Then the resulting liquid to rinse a cotton swab and apply it to the affected area. This tool should not be used in the presence of open wounds or wet cracks. Aggressive funds that are included in the described composition, may cause burns of the tissues.
It is recommended to treat medicinal solutions and mixtures, not only the surface of the skin of the lower extremities to prevent re-development of the pathological process must be thoroughly cleaned with acetic acid the shoes of the patient inside and outside, as well as insoles.
To prevent the development of athlete's foot between the toes lower extremities, you must perform the following recommendations:
- try to keep the feet dry, because a damp environment creates optimal conditions for the development of fungi;
- shoes should be thoroughly dried every day;
- you should change your socks regularly;
- when excessive sweating feet to use special deodorants. Instead of spray can be successfully used a decoction of oak bark or plain vinegar, rubbing their feet and toes every day;
- to choose comfortable shoes made of natural materials;
- to always wear shoes or Slippers in public areas (pool, sauna, steam bath);
- reduce consumption of sweets and alcohol.
Fungus between toes – a process that delivers both physical and psychological discomfort. To get rid of the unpleasant symptoms will help adequate treatment. With timely treatment to the doctor's prognosis is favorable.