Mycosis – a group of diseases which is caused by pathogenic microscopic fungi. Fungal skin infections are called ringworm (from Greek "derma" "skin"). The onychomycosis – nail infections. Often they are combined.
In nature there are many types of fungus, but the disease in man can cause only a few of them. On the prevalence of ringworm is in the structure of skin diseases in second place after pyoderma purulent skin lesions (which include the streptococcal and stafilodermii, boils, carbuncles).
Group of fungi that infect the foot:
- Anthropophilic. Cause disease in humans. You can become infected from another person.
- Zooanthroponosis. Affect people and animals. Infection is possible not only from another person but from an animal.
- Candida – a special group of yeast-like fungi have some features
How do people become infected with foot fungus?
Infection the right way:
- through the soil
- using plants
- during contact with a sick person
- during contact with sick animals
The fungus infection of the foot in an indirect way:
- when using subjects with whom contact was sick man
- if you use items care for sick animals.
Factors that influence the susceptibility to mycoses:
- age: children are more susceptible due to thinner skin, imperfection of protective mechanisms;
- the immune system: a weakened immune system if the body, this creates an increased risk of developing fungal diseases;
- the state of the nervous and endocrine systems - have an impact on the immune system.
- chronic infectious diseases, reduce immunity, weaken the body, increase the risk of developing fungal infections;
- excessive sweating of the skin of feet: it can be a congenital peculiarity, a result of diseases (vegetative-vascular dystonia, etc.), wearing uncomfortable shoes;
- the composition of sweat: if you change the composition of the secretion of sweat glands, it turns into a breeding ground for microorganisms: thus, for example, living normal of the skin surface fungi of the genus Candida become pathogenic properties – acquire the ability to cause disease.
What fungi cause lesions stop?
Athlete's foot – a fungal disease in which there is loss of skin and nails. Infection occurs in baths, gymnasiums etc. Items most commonly transmitted pathogen of athlete:
- washcloths, sponges, towels;
- General linen;
- cloth, vessel, thermometers;
- mats and other sports equipment.
Most often epidermophitia sick men of Mature age. The development of the disease contributes to excessive sweating of the foot skin.
Trichophytosis (Rubromikoz) stop
This fungal disease stop caused by different types of fungi trichophytons. The disease is very contagious, is transmitted through:
- bath accessories (towels, washcloths, sponges, etc.);
- shoes and socks which were worn by the sick person;
- sports equipment;
- other objects of common use.
Lose trichophytons is rare in children. Among adolescents ill for approximately 17%, and are more likely to suffer young men. Among adult men, the percentage is even higher.
The most susceptible miners and workers of hot shops, the staff showers and baths, athletes, especially swimmers (in Europe there is the term "athlete's foot").
Less common than athlete's foot and rubromikoz. Most species of fungi of the genus Candida are opportunistic, that is, in the norm are always present on the surface of human skin and do not cause diseases. They become pathogenic only when significant decline in immunity.
Mushrooms Canada can get into the body from the surface of any objects of General use, food. Often, these microorganisms seeded much milk and milk products, meat.
Factors that increase the risk of developing Candida infections of the skin stop:
- The pathogenicity (ability to cause disease) of a particular type of fungus. This factor does not play a decisive role, since all fungi Candida are opportunistic, that is not able to cause pathology in humans, which weakened and the body has a normal defense mechanisms.
- Decrease in immunity. Develops as a result of frequent and chronic infections, malignant tumors, AIDS
- Skin lesions: trauma, action of acids and alkalis and other aggressive chemicals.
- Excessive sweating, maceration of the skin.
- Elevated levels of fungus in the air (often found in pastry shops).
The symptoms of athlete's foot. Looks like a fungus on the feet?
Athlete's foot and ringworm
Athlete and stop rubromikoz have similar current, so these diseases are often combined under the General term "athlete's foot".
Forms of foot mycoses:
- squamous (scaly);
- disgidroticheskaya (with dysfunction of the sweat glands);
- intertriginosny (with predominance on the skin type of rash)
- onychomycosis: hypertrophic, atrophic, normal scars (explanation below).
This division is rather conditional, since often different shapes are combined together.
The symptoms of squamous forms of athlete's foot. Like looks in the photo squamous form of athlete's foot?
- At the initial stage of the disease the lesion was noted only on one foot. In the future it goes to the other side.
- On the skin of the foot appears site redness.
- In the future, at this point it begins peeling.
- Areas of redness and peeling can be different in the area.
- Itching is not observed in all patients.
- Many patients with the squamous form of athlete's foot generally do not care, and they don't go to the doctor.
This contributes to the spread of the disease.
In the long squamous form can go into dyshydrotic (may be the opposite: the skin becomes to squamous).
Symptoms dyshydrotic forms of athlete's foot. Like looks in the photo disgidroticheskaya form of athlete's foot?
- On the arch of the foot (the part that is not in contact with the floor during walking) produces a lot of bubbles with sizes from 2 to 8 mm.
- Gradually small bubbles combine into larger bubbles, and then opened, and in their place are formed erosion (superficial lesions of the skin).
- The process may extend from the arch of the foot at its outer and inner side surfaces. Where aperuit bubbles formed by extensive erosion and the area of the rash.
- The patient notes the pain and itching at the site of the lesion.
- Once the erosions heal and dry, starts flaking. Disgidroticheskaya form of foot fungus goes into squamous.
- Over time, fungal infection can join a bacterial. Transparent contents of the vesicles becomes turbid and turns into pus. Observed severe pain, fever. The skin of the foot reddens even more, it swells.
- Disgidroticheskaya form of athlete's foot tend to long for. Periods improve the condition alternating with relapses.
- The fungus attacks usually one foot.
Symptoms intertriginous forms of athlete's foot. Like looks in the photo intertriginosny form of athlete's foot?
- intertriginosny form of foot mycosis with trichophytosis and athlete is the most common.
- It may occur independently or in the background of the squamous shape.
- The process usually begins in the skin between the IV and V fingers of the foot. At least – between III and IV fingers.
- The main manifestation – cracks in the skin, which is white around the rim of peeling epidermis (upper skin layer).
- In the interdigital interval is to get wet.
- The patient has itching, burning sensation.
- On the site of the cracks can be formed erosion (superficial defects of the skin), they are accompanied by soreness.
- intertriginosny form of athlete's foot often has a long chronic course. The disease subsides in winter and worsen in summer time.
- Over time, the skin loosened. Its protective function is reduced. This contributes to the penetration of streptococcal infection. Develops a pustular inflammation of the skin characterized by redness, swelling, pain. Increased body temperature, worsens the General condition of the patient.
Symptoms of onychomycosis stop
Onychomycosis stop fungi of the toe nails. Pathological changes begin to develop with the free edge of the nail. At the initial stage appear spots and stripes of yellow.
The species of fungus feet nails:
- Hypertrophic onychomycosis. The nail thickens, becomes yellow. It is very easy to crumble, and underneath is exposed thickened and scaly skin.
- Atrophic onychomycosis. The nail becomes thinner, breaks, and underneath is exposed keratinized skin.
- Onychomycosis as the result of mould damage.Usually develops not alone, but against the background of other diseases of the nails. The nail can acquire black, brown, yellow, green. Often develop of paronychia – a complication of purulent inflammation periungual bed.
70% - 75% of cases the affected nails III – IV toes. 25% - 30% suffer I and V digitis. Often onychomycosis can occur as a "normal scars" (not hypertrophic and atrophic not), the integrity of the nail is saved, it only have yellow spots.
Symptoms of Candida fungal infection of the feet. Like looks in the photo candidal lesions of the feet?
Stop candidiasis also known as yeast interdigital erosions.the integrity of the nail remains
- Most often, the lesion is between III and IV or IV and V fingers of the feet.
- The skin in this place swollen, is red.
- Around the hearth is the headband exfoliating the top layer of skin.
- There may be small pustules or vesicles.
Traditional treatment of foot fungus
Important: Fungal stop does not represent a great danger to the health and life of the patient. But they are chronic, are a hotbed of inflammation, decrease the immune power of the body and lead to allergic reactions. Effective treatment of fungal infections is only possible with the use of special antifungal drugs. Traditional methods can be applied in isolation only at the earliest stage of the disease, during which there are not yet any symptoms. In this regard, traditional medicine can only serve as a complement to the basic therapy. Before practicing certain techniques, you should consult with your doctor.
Baths with wine vinegar
Wine vinegar has a pronounced antiseptic effect.
- before bed wash your feet with warm water and dry with a towel;
- pour into a small basin a strong solution of wine vinegar, to give it legs and hold for 3 to 5 minutes;
- wear socks at night, moistened with wine vinegar.
Baths with salt and soda
- dissolve in sufficient amount of water tablespoon of salt and a tablespoon of baking soda;
- lower the foot into the solution, leave for 10 – 15 min.;
- wash your feet with warm water.
Washing areas of the lesion decoction of herbs
- inflorescences calendula
- oak bark
- verbena officinalis (herb)
- BlackBerry (dried berries)
Preparation and application method:
- mix all ingredients in equal quantities, take 3 tablespoons of the mixture
- pour 1 Cup of water and put on medium heat for 15 – 20 minutes
- the resulting broth can be used for lotions and washing of the affected areas
Preparation of ointment
- wood sieved slush
- pork fat
Mix the ingredients until a homogeneous thick cream. Apply to washed and towel-dried feet twice a day, morning and evening.
Option ointment athlete's foot No. 2
- goose or pork fat
- copper sulphate
- yellow sulfur
Preparation and application:
- mix all ingredients in equal quantities
- mix well until a homogeneous mass
- put on fire and bring to boil
- leave in a dark room to full refrigerationem
- lubricate the affected fungal skin once a day
Foot bath with spurge
- take the right amount of fresh herbs milkweed
- pour 2 – 3 liters of boiling water
- capacity wrap a warm towel or blanket and leave for 3 to 4 hours
- to make a foot bath for 40 – 45 minutes
- repeat the procedure every 2 – 3 days during the course of treatment of the fungus until the disease will fail completely
Baths with coffee
For this procedure, you must brew a strong coffee in the required amount of water. To take bath you can 1 – 2 times a day.
- the destruction of pathogenic fungi
- elimination of unpleasant smell from feet
- the elimination of fatigue, heavy legs