A contagious and unpleasant disease like onychomycosis is very common. In addition to therapy with the help of ointments and pills from the pharmacy, you can try methods of treating fungus on the legs with home remedies. There are many recipes for decoctions, tinctures, effective compresses and more. Before using a specific method, it is worth knowing the characteristics of the treatment of mycoses and the causes of this disease.
What is a fungus
Every fifth inhabitant on the planet has onychomycosis. There are the following types of foot fungus: interdigital and nail. This disease is contagious, accompanied by itching, peeling skin on the feet. Certain types of fungi cause the disease. Infection can occur due to non-compliance with hygiene rules, trying on third-party shoes, excessive sweating on the feet, frequenting public places (sports locker rooms, beaches, saunas).
Folk remedies for nail fungus
Due to the rapid spread of the infection, 70% of the world's inhabitants have already found ringworm on their feet or nails. To get rid of this disease, it is important to properly organize the therapeutic process.
If you started treating foot fungus with folk remedies, follow these guidelines:
- It is better to buy disposable files to process damaged nails. Otherwise, you will have to regularly disinfect your pedicure instruments to prevent reinfection.
- Before using drugs at home, it is recommended to steam the feet, remove damaged areas of the nails, loose epithelial tissue, grind plates and dry the feet.
- During treatment, it is important to pay more attention to foot hygiene. Shoes and clothing should be handled regularly to prevent the infection from spreading.
- A patient with onychomycosis must have a separate towel, slippers and other personal hygiene items. Families should buy washing powder with the addition of birch tar for the prevention of fungi.
To treat ringworm, the kombucha must be infused in a sugar solution for about 7 days. The resulting mixture is treated with the affected areas. The composition is able to slow the growth of fungal strains and kill bacteria.
You can treat the disease according to the following recipe:
- A piece of mushroom is dropped from the films, crushed.
- Pass the resulting porridge over the nail plates, areas of skin damaged by the infection.
- Repeat 2-3 times a day until the fungus has completely disappeared.
The agents that cause yeast infections do not support an alkaline environment, so sodium bicarbonate can be used to combat them. A hot bath is prepared for the session: 7 liters of water, 3 tablespoons of soda and grated washing powder. The legs are lowered into the basin after the soda and soap have completely dissolved. The sessions are repeated for at least 4 consecutive days. It is recommended that such procedures be combined with the use of medications to accelerate recovery.
The acidic environment prevents the multiplication of spores, so for home therapy, it is worth trying vinegar baths, lotions or ointments.
Here are the recipes:
- Heat the water to 50 ° C, add 200 ml of vinegar. The volume of the vinegar solution should reach the patient's ankle. The legs are kept in the bath for 15 minutes, the session is repeated 3 times a day. After the session, the limbs are wiped and clean cotton socks are put on.
- Prepare a mixture: 2 parts 70% acetic acid and 1 part each of olive oil, glycerin, dimethyl phthalate. The resulting ointment is applied to the affected skin and nails. Leave the composition on for 10 hours, after which the feet are washed.
Apple cider vinegar
In the early stages, the treatment of foot fungus with folk remedies can be done with apple cider vinegar. The method is to use lotions. Cotton pads are moistened with vinegar and applied to the fingers and nails affected by the fungus for 8 to 10 hours. The recipe is used for long-term treatments, until healthy nails appear and the signs of the disease disappear. Every week, they take a break of 2-3 days.
The scope of iodine is not limited to disinfection. Alcohol tincture is great for curing the fungus. A strong antiseptic with proven fungicidal properties, it is widely used in home therapy. The treatment of fungus on the feet with folk remedies based on iodine consists of treating the damaged areas with a tincture or hot baths with this drug.
Methods of using the solution for fungal diseases:
- Apply a drop of iodine to the nail plates affected by the fungus until complete recovery every day
- Add a little iodine to a bowl of hot water, keep your feet in the bathtub for 10 minutes. After that, you need to get rid of the infected nail pieces and treat the skin with a hydrogen peroxide solution.
In summer, if you experience unpleasant symptoms, you can use the leaves of the poisonous herb celandine.
This plant has an antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and cauterizing effect. Folk remedies for foot fungus based on poisonous herbs instantly kill the infection.
You can use fresh plant juice or a prepared decoction of dried leaves.
To obtain fresh plant juice, you need to pass it through a meat grinder. After that, the pulp is squeezed by a cotton cloth folded in 3-4 layers. To prepare a medicinal tincture, 200 ml of juice is needed. 200 ml of alcohol at 70% concentration is added and infused for 24 hours. You can also lubricate infected skin and nails with juice obtained after pressing. However, this product will not be stored for more than 2-3 days, so it is best to infuse the juice with alcohol.
Before using the medicine, you should wash your feet with warm water and dry with a towel. Alcohol tincture is used to lubricate problematic feet and nail plates. Do at least three treatments daily. In addition, the use of pharmacy antiseptic creams is recommended to stop the spread of the fungus and accelerate recovery.
If it is not possible to prepare fresh juice, you can use dried herbs for decoctions. Celandine is sold in all pharmacies, in addition, the plant can be prepared independently. To prepare the broth, it is necessary to prepare 4 tablespoons of a dry plant with 1. 5 liters of boiling water. When the drug cools to a pleasant body temperature, it is used for bathing. The feet are kept in the broth for about 30 minutes. Repeat the procedure regularly until complete recovery. It is permitted to replace celandine with absinthe or a combination of these plants in the preparation of decoctions.
This unique product is actively used by traditional medicine to fight a variety of diseases. Propolis helps to remove fungi from the feet due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. The product is used pure or in alcoholic solution. The remedy is used until complete recovery. It is important to consider that this method is contraindicated for people with allergies to bee products.
There are several recipes for treating foot fungi with propolis:
- Prepare an alcoholic tincture or buy one ready-made at the pharmacy. Apply a cotton swab with propolis solution to the infected area. Cover the compress with a dry cotton swab over it, make a dressing, put on warm socks. In the morning, it is necessary to remove the fleece and sand the damaged nails. Repeat the manipulation at night.
- Rinse and steam your feet with hot water. Remove the top layer of the damaged skin or nail plate. Apply a piece of propolis to the problem area, let it act for half an hour. The procedure is repeated 2 times a day for a month.
This vegetable is known for its bactericidal properties and is widely used in traditional medicine.
To treat onychomycosis, follow these instructions:
- Cook your legs in warm water with baking soda, lemon juice and tar soap for 15 minutes.
- Mix in equal parts: garlic juice, water, isopropyl alcohol.
- Use the product obtained to treat damaged nails and skin areas.
Natural plant essential oils are the same as expensive pharmaceutical antimycotics. They have cleansing, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory properties and help to renew skin and nail cells. Different types of essential oils are suitable for the treatment of fungus on the feet: lavender, rosemary, ylang-ylang extract, tea tree. You can use this folk remedy for compresses or hot baths.
- Trays.Add 10 drops of any essential oil to 3 liters of hot water. The legs are pre-rinsed with water and placed in aromatic water for 20 minutes. After bathing, wrap your feet in a warm towel for 15 minutes.
- Compresses.A small amount of essential oil is heated to 30 ° C. Add 2 teaspoons. Water. The resulting agent is soaked with a cotton swab, applied to damaged areas of the legs and fixed with plaster. After 40-60 minutes, remove the softened skin or nail and clean with a file.
Treatment in a neglected way
If the fungus on the legs has already passed into a neglected shape and a large area of the skin on the feet and nail plates is already infected, it is recommended to supplement traditional recipes with medicines. Severe forms of the disease require patients to remove infected nail plates. To do this, you need to contact an expert.